English Language is one of the top subjects in Nigeria just like mathematics which we refer to as the father of other subject, English Language as a subject have been seen as the mother of all subjects, so as such you cant gain admission in any university or other higher institutions in Nigeria without passing English Language with at least C6 , so any score less that that will result to rewriting (Resitting) of the ssce exam until you pass the subject then you can now think of proceeding with you admission into higher institutions.
So in this article I will be giving you a Simplified Guide On How To Write Formal And Informal Letter In Waec , Neco And Nabteb Examination so endeavour to read this article to the end for complete information on how to write a good formal and informal letter.
Guide On How To Write A Formal Letter In Waec, Neco And Nabteb Examination
Formal letter is one of the letters that usually comes out every year as far as waec , neco and Nabteb ssce Examination is concern. So as a student planning to seat for any of this exam ,you are advised to start your preparation as early and quick as possible as to get use the thw steps and guide on how you can successfully write a good and clear Formal letter with atleast 450 words.
So below I will be outlining some important guide on how you can write a good formal letter :
- First, you need to understand the question by reading it carefully. Take note in examination Hall no body will tell you that this is a formal ether or not so is left for you to decide if this particular question is a formal letter on not.
- Formal letters are usually official letters. They are letter we write to people we are not familiar with, so anytime you see write a letter to your School Principal, Commissioner, President, Governor, Local Government Chairman etc just know that this is a formal letter.
- Ensure you put the address of the person you are writing to as well as your address too and follow with the salutation Dear Sir/Ma
- Make sure you put the Heading of the letter , note we have two methods to do this is either you write with small letters and underline the it or you use capital letter to write all.
- Take note in the body of the letter don’t forget you are expected to write atleast 450 word so this means that they need more reasonable information from you, so before you start writing the body of the letter you need to sketch out the points to write on so this point are determined by the topic or the kind of question you are asked to write letter on . The first paragraph is usually introduction aspect please do not show sign of too much familiarity when writing the introduction expect . After your introduction quickly go to the next paragraph and state out the first reason for writing your letter and please make sure you give a full details about that point before proceeding to the next paragraph with Another reasons for writing the letter . So when writing on a point make sure you state out the positive and negative effect of the point to you ot other people just try to give a good write up that will convince the reader.
- Make sure the last paragraph end with the conclusion expect after the you complimentary close , Yours Faithfully…. make sure you write your name and signature.
So from the point listed above you can now see how you can wrote a good formaletter in you waec , neco and Nabteb Examination.
Guide On How To Write An Informal Letter In Waec, Neco And Nabteb Examination
Informal Letter is another type of letter that do come out in waec , neco and Nabteb ssce Examination, this type of letter are the once written to people we are familiar with such as brother , sister , father , mother friends etc. In this type if letter we only have one address which is the writers address only. Just like formal letter you are also expected to write atleast 450 words in this letter too. So in the introduction aspect you can show some level of familiarity such as how is the family , hope dad and mom are fine , I’m really missing you etc , so you are permitted to use any of those words to show some level of familiarity. Also before you start writing make sure you outline the points you will be writing on and your conclusion and complimentary close should also show some level of familiarity as well e.g Yours brother, yours sincerely, yours lovely etc.
Things To Avoid When Writing A letter In Examination Hall
Here I will be outlining some list of things you need to avoid when writing a letter in examination Hall.
- Don’t start answering questions on letter writing without proper understanding of what the letter is all about. Make sure you understand what you are asked to write on and also the type of letter on the questions.
- Make sure you outline the points to write on before you starts writing the body of the letter.
- Do not submit your booklet without putting a conclusion and complimentary close in your letter.
- Avoid cancellation when writing so endeavour to make your work as neat as possible so as to attract more mark.
- Do not copy from someone make sure you write your letter by your self.
This content have given you all the Guide On how to write atleast 450 word letter in waec , neco and Nabteb Examination. Goodluck.
You can also check out the best Mathematics textbook in Nigeria HERE